hey guys — happy valentine’s day!!! i wanted to stop in today to let you know my heart’s still a beatin’ even though i haven’t made an appearance here in a while. life’s had a few ups and downs, as it does and that’s okay. today though, is a definite UP! hope you enjoy what cupid brings to the table and that sweets are most assuredly involved. haha!! xo ♥
Unexpected pit stops can sometimes lead you into incredibly serene spaces. Such was the case when we were winding our way back from Vancouver Island (a few weeks ago) and came across this luscious lakeside. Unable to resist a stroll, even if it was sprinkling a bit, we popped open the car doors and took our pup down to the water’s edge. WOW, what a view! I could have soaked it up all day long but time was tight so we just got a mini tour before heading home on the ferry.
I sort of yelped when I saw little teepee on the side of the road and begged KASA to stop, yet again, to take some snaps. hehe! It was his idea to tilt my hat further back, said it gave me a certain “old timers”edge 😉 Hope everyone has some awesome plans for the weekend brewing! Us Westcoasters have been given a reprieve from the rain, I’m looking forward to a sweet 5 day forecast of sunshine ahead. yah! ♥
We almost thought the idea of having a Christmas tree this year wouldn’t happen. I mean, a rambunctious puppy + tantalizing tree all trimmed up with bobbles & crunchy electric light bulbs just doesn’t mix well. But…thankfully KASA came up with a foolproof scheme for our wee tree 🙂 He fashioned a platform that was zap-strapped down to the top of Tayeh’s crate. This plan of action is the coolest ever for 2 reasons. 1st is that Tayeh can’t reach the tree or the light cord — AWESOME! and 2nd, because the tree’s on her crate, this means the kitteh’s won’t be tempted to cross over into Tayeh territory for their own little ornament knock arounds. YAH!
I love having the twinkly lights warming up our winter nights and to celebrate we made it a 2 toaster event!! Who says wine and hot chocolate shouldn’t be consumed simultaneously? I think my giggle juice smile says it all. haha! Happy home decorating to everyone who is a bit behind like us. The countdown till Christmas is on friends. Are you ready with a plan to keep the crazy to a minimum? Me…not so much but we’re workin” on it! xo ♥
1. Little Mesa Perfect Dress – Modcloth
2. Sun Hat – Anthropologie
3. Sunnies – House of Harlow
4. Tote – Tory Burch
5. Zig Zag Bangle
6. Aztec Bangle – House of Harlow
7. Sterling Silver Knuckle Rings
8. Silver Clogs – Marc by Marc Jacobs
we all know what today is and whether you’re into it or not the colors of pink and red seep out from all corners of the internet right in our direction. i’ve been hit smack dab in a soft spot cos i’m a sentimental sort and just love LOVE! so i’ve found a few heart themed faves while cyber-stalking around that i think aren’t too sappy and i also want to wish everyone a very stellar Valentines. if nothing else, it’s always self-love that matters most so here’s to a cupids bow of the boomerang variety – may your spirit be struck with some awesome inspiring vibes!!! for me, tonight is all about soft palps and sofa snuggles with my main man and then perhaps a little dinner out this weekend – yah! xo ♥
One of the hi-lights from last month was attending the Liberty in Style Fashion Show & E-Boutique Grand Opening at Heritage Hall to applaud and support our friend Suzanne who’s recently opened Betty be Good, an online shop filled with many coveted girly gazes. The evening was so much fun – specialty catered dessert treats, wine and a continually flowing chocolate fountain held high appeal to all who made the scene. Everything was sunny and sparkling before the girls took to the catwalk showcasing all of the wonderful wares carried in the shop.
I posted about Betty be Good a while back and just had to share some of our snaps from the night too. Great to see a fellow Vancouverite rock her stuff, cheers to start ups and ladies who entrepreneur the shiz outta things! ♥
but darn if they didn’t take a while to post about! all the way back in April, ya that’s right, i pulled this one out of the “blast from the past” bin cos it was a truly awesome day and i simply loved reliving it while photo editing 🙂
KASA & i dusted off our bikes to go riding at Boundary Bay Regional Park, a bird watchers paradise with the wildlife reserve and its amazing bird sanctuary. we spotted so many HUGE harriers all over the place, perched high in the trees looking down at us with their stealth gaze. the bbq crowd had already gathered along the shores edge and we were tempted by many tasty scents wafting through the air. definitely will be returning again this summer for our own beachtime sunny-funny day. less layers would have been ideal, i kept having to zip the boyf up and i know that goes against every girlfriend rule book that tells us not to mother our fellas but still i can’t help myself. zip, tuck, button…it’s in my nature to nurture! baha. he doesn’t mind so much, the best is when he bundles me up too!!
Enjoy your 1st weekend in June everyone – get outside & rock it under the great big blue sky!
The time is slowly approaching…slowly for us who will miss her madly but FASTER PUSSYCAT for the one who’s breaking out of V-town with a delightful burst of celebration!!! My darling friend, Alex, is leaving on a jet plane and we honestly don’t know when she will be back again (seriously, how could i not use that line?!) but as send-offs go we had a hoot and holla for our beautiful pal on a special Friday evening past.
Alex’s Farewell Fiesta, as Cee, our host coined it; began promptly at 7pm ….. there wasn’t 1 straggler because we all wanted to get in as much time together as humanly,bloggery possible. The place was Havana, a local hot spot with loads of tasty selections including what we girls enjoyed sipping on… delicious sangrias while we toasted Alex on her new adventure! If you haven’t heard yet, she’s been nabbed by FASHION magazine and will be their newest, coolest intern. This, in turn (that’s a total pun of course!), means she’s traveling all the way to Toronto and setting up shop to begin a lifelong dream of completely stylin’ swoons. Can i just say this girl was made to rock the runways; interviewing fashions elite and sharing her feedback on the latest trends, as well as spotting them before they’ve even reached mass internet filteration. Just as fashion never gets old, it re-creates…so does Alexandra on her road to Vogue or bust! xo ♥
I’ve done many posts featuring slick finds from around the net but I’ve never done one that’s been link focused before. Seems to be a bloggers linchpin of choice and who am I to deny a good load of link-ups? A virtual pillar of blogdom, so I’m joining in on the idea with these fine finds. Here’s some click candy for you swells out there…
* best bookshelf i’ve ever seen – August Empress is a new blog discovery for me and i absolutely was taken away by happiness to see everything Jo shares on her wondrous space; including this – a bookcase design by Saporiti; an Italian furniture design firm.
* a hilarious comic that i’m sure is the embodiment of every poor, lonely fur baby who’s parent pays them no mind when they are being held internet hostage.
* Rap Master Maurice’s revenge raps – need i say more? well okay, this dude listens to YOU, all your sorrowful stories of woe and wants to know who did you wrong so he can fire back at them with a custom made vengeance rap. wanna taste, i thought so:
and then you go to the club to dance, but he’s buggin’ trying to get up in your pants.
Or a distant cousin owes you some green, but he made a great escape like Steve McQueen.
Or your boss gives you too much overtime, don’t fight ’em with your fists,
FIGHT ‘EM WITH RHYMES!
Now you know the joy that my rappin’ brings,
I’m like Maurice Bilbo Baggins,
in Lord Of The Rings,
so send me 7 bucks and I’ll make it right, I can probably even get your rap done tonight.”
* stop motion, children, face paint, ample amounts of blinking, biting, screaming and dancing =amazing video and a great tune.
* cool photo shoot and i really, really covet that raggedy ann dress for serious.
* beautiful Solange Knowles new Rimmel London campaign is fantastic!
* a big whoops by Lady Gagaloo…supreme fail on the “Anna” reply
* an oldie but a goodie, who doesn’t want to go on a briefcase picnic? if the turf fits, plant it!
* Chuck’s latest modesty patch from dooce (do you love Heather, or do you LOVE Heather?!)
* Christine from A Quiet Determination was the photographer for what i believe to be an idealcelebration of life. the day was marked by releasing hundreds of monarch butterflies which she captured beautifully in her photos. an absolutely symbolic service that allowed it’s gatherers to feel this transformational day deeply. as i said in a comment to Christine “if there was a heaven on earth for these darling souls who passed then i’m sure this would have been it!” such a sacred day.
* say the magic words….pink rainbow cake and voila! ♥